Ashwin no-show shock as SuperSport probe submitted

JOHANNESBURG- Ashwin Willemse has reportedly not submitted his testimony after the dramatic live walkout of the Supersport set last month, where Willemse accused that he was undermined by his colleagues Naas botha and Nick Mallet, and said he has been called a quota player all his career.

Sport24 has reported that they have received reliable information from sources that say Willemse has not presented evidence to the probe, that is looking into the incident that occurred, the probe is headed by Advocate Vincent Maleka.

When Maleka was contacted by Sport24 he said his report will be handed in on Monday, he asked for an extra week to finalise the report and get all the testimonies.

However he did not disclose if he had received all the relevant statements into the probe.

Willemse did not say if he had presented a statement to the inquiry, he said,  “At this point I have no comment on the matter. I would be willing to chat to you at a later stage … you have my number.”

However some sources have said that Maleka that did not receive the vital testimony of Willemse testimony, and had to compile his report and findings without it.

Maleka has also probed Supersport employees who were present during the incident, conducting widespread interviews into the matter. The sources added that no evidence of race-related misconduct against Mallet and Botha will be presented in the findings and the two will likely be reinstated to their studio roles after the release of the report.

Photo Credit- Twitter

 

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*