Johannesburg – Just a week after a SABC production was halted due to the Covid-19 pandemic, two hit e.tv soapies Rhythm City and Scandal! have paused shooting after positive cases of the coronavirus had been recorded on set.
Publicist at e.tv Lerato Maboi confirmed on Thursday that the productions had been put on ice and said those affected were self-isolating.
“e.tv can confirm that positive cases of Covid-19 have been recorded on two of its weekday soapies Rhythm City and Scandal!. Both sets of the local production premises have been shut down and undertaking the necessary testing for exposed cast and crew members.
“The sets have undergone deep cleaning to further minimize the risk of contamination, in accordance with Covid-19 protocol. Affected individuals are currently undergoing self-isolation unit the end of the stipulated 14-day period,” said Maboi.
She added that filming would resume when “it is appropriate to do so”.
“e.tv, Quizzical Pictures and Ochre Media will continue to monitor the health of affected employees. Filming will resume when it is appropriate to do so,” Maboi added.