UPDATE- De Lille Remains defiant- I’m still Cape Town Mayor

CAPE TOWN- Patricia De Lille has remained defiant, she said she is still Cape Town Mayor.

Despite the DA rescinding her membership earlier on Tuesday and the dissolution of her mayoral committee.

DA announced in the morning that they had rescinded De Lille’s membership  because of comments she made on 702 and CapeTalk on Eusebuis McKenzie show, where she made it clear several times she wanted to clear her name, but she will leave the party.

She added, she will walk away from the DA, the statement lead the party’s contravention of the party’s constitution.

De Lille come back swinging in her response during her press conference.

She said, “The DA wants to take a shortcut, which would’ve been a recall clause. They were supposed to decide on the recall clause on Saturday and then give me 48-hour notice, but they decide to drop that.”

The deputy chair of the Federal Executive, Natasha Mazzone, said the charges against De Lille are “complex”.

“There are charges of misconduct, gross mismanagement, charges relating to the findings of Bowman Gilfillan report, the MyCiti bus tender, possible nepotism and breakdown of communication between Mayor de Lille and the DA caucus.”

Mazzone added the report had many findings that were made against the mayor.

“There will be actual factual findings given the Steenhuisen report, the Bowman Gilfillan findings and the Auditor General’s report that will all be made public.”

Photo Credit- eNCA

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


twelve − six =