‘Disgusting’ McGregor attacks fighter bus at New York event

LAS VEGAS, NV - AUGUST 25: UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor poses on the scale during his official weigh-in at T-Mobile Arena on August 25, 2017 in Las Vegas, Nevada. McGregor will meet boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. in a super welterweight boxing match at T-Mobile Arena on August 26. (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)

NEW YORK-  Mixed martial arts star Conor McGregor left a rival with facial injuries on Thursday after attacking a shuttle bus carrying fighters from an Ultimate Fighting Championship media event in New York, reports said.

Video of the incident clearly showed McGregor hurling a dolly through a side window towards a bus as it moved slowly in a car park at the Barclays Center in New York.

UFC President Dana White said fighter Michael Chiesa, who was on the bus, had been hospitalized following the incident and was injured and was treated for cuts to his face.

“They got down to the loading docks where the fighters were getting on the buses and attacked them, throwing trash cans, dollies, things like that,” White said. “Broke one of the windows, cut Michael Chiesa real bad, cut his hand, cut his face.

“Everyone’s shaken up. This is the most disgusting thing that has ever happened in the history of the company.

White said,  “There is a warrant out for Conor McGregor’s arrest. They’re looking for him right now. His plane cannot take off, he can’t leave the state of New York. I’m assuming eventually he’ll turn himself in.”

White added, “As you can imagine he’s going to be sued beyond belief,” White said. “This was a real bad career move for him.”

Photo Credit- People

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


9 + 10 =