Government aims to help KZN

The storm that hit South Africa this week, has made Kwa-Zulu Natal the most disastrous province in South Africa.

The damages that were caused by the storm have thus far claimed 8 lives in the KZN Province.

It is also said that the damages can cost the government millions of rands to fix. This storms caused damages in all the province’s infrastructure.

Hospitals, schools, roads and homes were destroyed during the storm. The KZN MEC for human settlements Ravi Pillay said in King Edward alone there are 6 areas that need immediate attention.

He also went on to say that so far they estimate about R25 million, but when they look at other buildings it will probably cost them about hundreds of millions.

The cost of the damages will likely continue to escalate. A number of schools and hospitals mainly in the eThekwini metro area were badly affected on Tuesday, said the acting corporate governance and traditional affairs MEC Wesizwe Thusi yesterday.

The MEC also went to say that with the number of missing people the number of deaths which is now 8 will likely to increase.

Thusi also went on to say that outside eThekwini metro, in the Nquthu Municipality there are 2 reported deaths.

One is an 8 year old that was struck by lightening the other is a 46 year old man who drowned.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


four × 4 =