MACRON- FRANCE HAS EVIDENCE SYRIAN GOVERNMENT CONDUCTED CHEMICAL WEAPONS ATTACK

PARIS – France said they have evidence the Syrian government carried out a chemical weapons attack last week and will decide whether to strike back when all the necessary information has been gathered, President Emmanuel Macron said on Thursday.

France and it’s allies in the West,  the United States (US) and Britain is expected to join them in carrying out air strikes or some other form of attack in response to the use of the weapons.

However its unclear when that might happen or the possibility of it even happening.

Macron said, “We have proof that last week, now 10 days ago, that chemical weapons were used, at least with chlorine, and that they were used by the regime of (President) Bashar al-Assad,”

Macron did not give details on how they’ve obtained this proof nor concrete evidence of who carried out the attack.

The attack happened in the town of Douma on 7 April, killing dozens of people, including children.

Macron spoke about the French red line, he said, “Our teams have been working on this all week and we will need to take decisions in due course, when we judge it most useful and effective.”

US President Donald Trump reacted in a tweet on Thursday morning that an attack was imminent, he wrote, “Never said when an attack on Syria would take place. Could be very soon or not so soon at all!”

Macron said France’s intention is to remove the Syrian regime’s chemical weapons capabilities.

He was asked by reporters whether those chemical weapons capabilities would be the targets of strikes, he answered, “When we decide it, and once we have verified all the information.”

Photo Credit- EWN

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


three × one =