MEC to visit another school

JOHANNESBURG,SOUTH AFRICA – APRIL 29: MEC for education Panyaza Lesufi during an interview on April 29, 2015 in Johannesburg, South Africa. Lesufi is encouraging Afrikaans speaking schools to allow all students into the system regardless of their first language in order to ease the strain on the schooling system as a whole.(Photo by Gallo Images / Beeld / Simone Kley)

Johannesburg – The Gauteng Education MEC Panyaza Lusufi is said to be visiting a school in Pretoria, after another alleged rape case involving a student at one of the Secondary schools.

The MEC’s spokesperson confirmed on Sunday that Lusufi is going to one of the Secondary Schools in Mamelodi East.

This visit is expected after there was a case opened involving a 17 year old girl pupil, who is said to be raped by one of the school’s patroler.

This incident is alleged to have taken place on the 30th of September, but a case was opened earlier this month.

Lusufi also spoke about these incidents. He talked about them in a previous meeting he had with parents in Swoeto.

He called a meeting with the aim to address both the parents and school officials after about 87 pupil were allegedly sexually harassed by their scholar patrollers.

Lusufi also went on o describe these cases as a disaster. He also apologised on behalf of the school principal for delaying to tell officials about the cases. He blamed that on “communication breakdown”.

He also told the angry parents that if they wish to enroll their children in other schools the Department of Education will have no problem.

He also offered parents various methods that will help in supporting and protecting all the affected pupils.
Image courtesy of Online News Portals

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


5 × two =