Mother electrocuted while taking bath with toddler

A 20-year-old woman in Bezuidenhout Valley was found dead in the bathtub after being electrocuted on November 10, reports Joburg East Express.

The Jeppe SAPS opened an inquest docket into her death and officers are investigating the circumstances surrounding the woman’s death.

Capt Richard Munyai, Jeppe SAPS spokesperson said: “An inquest was opened after police were called to the address of the deceased in Bez Valley.

“When they arrived, they found a woman lying in the bath, and it was discovered that she had been electrocuted. Paramedics were on hand but nothing could be done to save her as she’d already succumbed to her injuries. She was certified dead on the scene.”

He added that the loose and faulty wiring in the home might have been the reason for her death.

The mother’s child was unharmed and is in the care of family.

“The case is still under investigation, but we’re currently treating the case as an accident,” concluded Munyai.

Photo credit- Citizen

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


five × five =