Emergency personnel are remaining at the SABC’s Johannesburg offices to ensure no fires break out after a diesel leak happened earlier on Wednesday.
The Radio Park building had to be evacuated when a leak was detected in one of the power generators.
Robert Mulaudzi, Johannesburg emergency services spokesperson, said one of the standby generators leaked as a result of wear and tear due to age.
Mulaudzi stated the 15th floor was completely flooded and the whole building was affected by the smell.
No injuries have been reported during the evacuation of the building.