Trump launches new ‘communications’ platform

Donald Trump las launched a new “communications” website, which says it will publish content “straight from the desk” of the former US president.

Trump was banned by Twitter and suspended by Facebook and YouTube following the Capitol riots in January.

The former leader of the US has since been releasing statements by press release – which the new website will now host.

Users will be able to like posts – and also share them on Twitter and Facebook accounts.

“It is a blog,” said Kara Swisher, technology columnist for the New York Times. “I was like ‘2002 is calling and it wants its blog back…’

“I don’t know what the overall plan is because he does have some very sharp digital advisers. It is just the beginning of his attempts to try to re-establish a louder ability to participate in digital media.”

This move comes just a day before a decision is due from Facebook’s Oversight Board on whether to permanently ban Trump.

Jason Miller, Trump’s senior adviser, had previously said a new social media platform was to be launched. “This new platform is going to be big,” he said in March.

But Miller tweeted on Tuesday that the new website was not the social media platform he had previously hyped.

“We’ll have additional information coming on that front in the very near future,”

The website is reportedly built by Campaign Nucleus, a digital services company started by Trump’s former campaign manager Brad Parscale.

Several posts on the site repeat debunked claims that the presidential elections last year were rigged.

Facebook’s Oversight Board is expected to announce its decision on whether Trump is to be permanently banned from the platform.

If he is allowed back on to the site, Facebook will have seven days to reactivate his account.

 

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*