TV walkout: Probe extended, Ashwin yet to testify

Cape Town – According to some reports the aggrieved figure, Ashwin Willemse has apparently yet to provide his version of affairs in the SuperSport studio walkout saga to the independent review.

Communications chief for Supersport Clinton van der Berg told Sport24 on Thursday that completion of the process had been pushed out by a week, to Monday, June 18.

This means the inquiry under the charge of advocate Vincent Maleka, has completed most – or all of its other interviews involving key figures into the much-publicised drama that happened almost three weeks ago.

Sport24 is reporting that Willemse a 19-cap Springbok wing and regular pundit was believed not to have presented his testimony.

Their attempts to contact key figures in the controversy Willemse, Nick Mallett and Naas Botha have been unsuccessful.

Willemse was expected to appear on our screens but Sport24 learnt he was suppose to due so before the end of the working week.

Supersport hoped for the inquiry to be completed by June 11 but all three high profile analyst will also not appear for the Springbok match on Saturday against England in Johannesburg.

SuperSport studio duties this weekend will be done by Jean de Villiers, Joel Stransky, Owen Nkumane, Victor Matfield, Kobus Wiese and English guests and former internationals themselves Jeremy Guscott and Stuart Barnes.

Willemse infamously walked out of set, saying his “tired of being patronised” by fellow-Boks Mallett and Botha, “who played during the apartheid era”. Willemse also said he had endured being called a “quota player” for his entire career.

Photo Credit- Sport24

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


nineteen − twelve =