At least two suspects have been charged for the recent grenade bombing that has left at least two people dead and nearly 50 others – including two senior government officials – wounded, says a report.
According to New Zimbabwe.com, the two suspects, Douglas Musekiwa and John Zulu are expected to appear before a court on Monday on insurgency, banditry and terrorism charges.
Court papers filed by chief superintendent Moyo said that the two suspects were apprehended by the military without a warrant, reports ZWnews.
The two are being held by the military intelligence after a closed door hearing for their continued detention had been approved by magistrate Gladmore Mushove in Western Commonage Courts on Saturday.
An unexplained weekend blast narrowly missed President Emmerson Mnangagwa but killed two bodyguards and injured over 40 people including deputy president Kembo Mohadi and ZANU-PF chairperson Oppah Muchinguri-Kashiri last month.
Mnangagwa early last week said that Mohadi and Muchinguri-Kashiri were airlifted to SA following the deadly bombing attack that rocked White City stadium in the country’s second largest city in recent weeks.
Mnangagwa said Muchinguri-Kashiri underwent an operation as shrapnel reportedly pierced through her chest.
Mnangagwa spoke to BBC earlier last week and said that he suspected a political faction supporting former first lady Grace Mugabe of being behind the attack.
Mnangagwa, however, did not say the former first lady was involved in the blast. He said he expected that arrests would be made soon, an AP report said.
But it remains unclear whether the apprehended suspects had any links with the former first lady.
Article sourced from News24
Photo Credit- Malay Mail