Summer time is near and that means the African sun will be out guns blazing. Because of the intense UV sun rays, your skin will need extra attention. You can protect your skin from harmful effects during intense summer days.
1. Drink enough water per day to keep your body hydrated. The more you sweat, the more you should replace all that water leaving your body.
2. Eat juicy fruits and vegetables that contain a lot of water such as watermelon, lettuce, cucumber, pear, blueberries and pomegranate.
3. Weekly skin exfoliation with the use of a good scrub. Preferable a natural scrub you can make at home by 4 to 5 tablespoons of gram flour, pinch of turmeric, milk or plain yoghurt and 5 to 6 drops of rose water. Apply on your face and neck once a week.
4. Cucumber and yoghurt face mask.
5. Use lemon for sun tan. Lemon works as a natural skin bleaching agent which can help remove the tan from your face. Always apply moisturizer after as it dries your skin. Option for a natural oil.